Why I Love Coconut Oil & Ten Ways You Can Use It.
I was skeptical at first but after seeing all of the buzz about Coconut Oil. I decided to take the plunge and I headed out to purchase my first “tub” of Coconut Oil. After my shower that evening, I scooped out a small amount, warmed it in my hands and slathered it on from head to toe. From that moment on, I have gone Coconut Oil Crazy! This stuff is amazing.
Since that time, I have purchased several different brands and formulations of Coconut Oil and discovered multiple ways to use it. I’ll share with you my 10 favorite ways to use Coconut Oil as well as my 3 favorite brands.
Let’s get started with a couple of tips. You may or may not agree as I am sure it comes down to personal preference. Coconut oil comes in a solid form that melts down to oil consistency when warmed in your hands. I prefer to run my coconut oil container under warm water for a couple of minutes prior to using it – just enough to soften it to a consistency that is easier to work with. Secondly, you don’t need much when using the coconut oil as a body moisturizer, just a small scoop (about a quarter sized amount) will cover your entire body.Coconut Oil is very cost-effective, is the ultimate multi-tasker and an all natural alternative to many of the products you have in your medicine cabinet. Click To Tweet
And … it smells like coconuts! ?
10 Coconut Oil Beauty Secrets
- Body Moisturizer – Slather coconut oil on your Body from head to toe for super moisturized skin.
- Facial Cleanser – That’s right! You can wash your face with this stuff! Just replace your cleanser with a dab of coconut oil. It removes, dirt & makeup and you can even take your eye makeup off with it.
- Bath Softener – Drop a dab into your bath water and emerge with super soft, moisturized skin. No need to follow with lotion. You can also mix coconut oil with Epsom salts for a super detox bath. I use 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup Epsom salts.
- Lip Balm – Coconut Oil can replace your Lip Balm – Rub a small amount on your lips for a 100% all natural and effective lip moisturizer.
- Cuticle Oil – Rub coconut oil into your cuticles in place of cuticle cream.
- Shave Your Legs – Rub a small amount of coconut oil onto your legs in place of shaving cream or gel.
- Add Shine to Your Hair – Add Shine To Your Hair with Coconut Oil – Use a dab of coconut oil on the ends of your hair to add shine. You can also use it to control flyaways. Be sure to use just a tiny amount. Too much will make your hair greasy.
- Eye Cream – Dab a small amount of coconut oil under and around your eyes in place of your eye cream.
- Brush Your Teeth – Mix a small amount of coconut oil with baking soda and brush away!
- Stretch Marks/Scars – Rub coconut oil directly on stretch marks and scars.
Here are a few of my Favorite Coconut Oil Brands!
- Kopari Organic Coconut Melt – This is the priciest of the three but it is worth it. Contains oodles of Vitamin E and proteins to moisturize and protect skin and hair Fatty acids galore to smooth skin and Restores moisture back into dry brittle hair. It is 100% organic with no silicones, sulfates or parabens.
- Carrington Farms 100% Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Unrefined Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil & Certified Organic, this is a good coconut oil for the skin and hair. Available in 2 sizes 14 oz or 54 oz.
- Life Flo Fractionated Coconut Oil – This oil is in liquid form. Fractionated means that a fraction of the whole oil where certain chains of fatty acids are separated, refining, clarifying, and deodorizing the oil while keeping the benefits as an emollient and moisturizer the same. The consistency of the oil is feather light and fast absorbing into the skin.
Have you tried coconut oil on your skin?? What are your favorite ways to use coconut oil? What’s your favorite brand? As always, I’d love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!
Until next time…
Check out my Instagram, @Susie_Truett_, for a peek inside my week & all of the latest from the Blog!
SHOP THE POST:
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful, please give it a like and share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest! Use the buttons below to share!