Foundation Over 40 – Searching for the best Foundations for Over 40, Mature Skin!
This is the beginning of a new series here on 40andholding. The Foundation Over 40 Series is all about finding the best Foundations for mature skin over 40, 50 and beyond. I’ll be putting makeup foundations to the test and reporting the results here on the Blog.
Let’s face it, once you arrive in your 40’s, things begin to change and sooner or later you find that the makeup foundation you’ve been wearing and loving for years isn’t cutting it anymore. There are a new set of rules now and we have to make adjustments. But that’s OK! The right foundation is out there, we just have to find it!
Here is the criteria that I’ll be using for the “holy grail” foundation search!
- Foundation is easy to apply and does NOT settle into fine lines & wrinkles.
- Medium to full coverage enough to cover discolorations and redness.
- Makes skin look better than it is without foundation.
- Doesn’t settle into pores.
- A satin, semi-matte or matte finish. Not shiny.
- Finish lasts all day and doesn’t become shiny throughout the day
- Alcohol is not included in the ingredients or is not high enough on the list to contribute to drying of the skin (Dryness is not our friend!)
- Performs well with other products such as primers, blush, bronzer, highlighter.
- Wears well over sunscreen!
- Product Results are somewhat close to the claims made by the company (example: if it says the finish is matte, it should be matte. If it says it lasts 12 hours, it should last somewhere close to that)
A fairly big list, I know! But hey, I’m trying to find the BEST foundations and the perfect foundation would check all of the boxes above. I’m sure we’ll also discover some foundations that may not meet ALL of the criteria above but enough of them to be considered a good option.
I’ll be reviewing a NEW foundation every month. So stay tuned! To ensure that you never miss a post, please sign up for my newsletter below. I’ll notify you as soon as there is a new foundation review on the Blog.
Another way to stay in the know is to follow me on Instagram for updates like my latest one below!
Please let me know in the comments below what brands and specific foundations you would like me to test and review and I will add them to the list! As always, I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time…
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful, please give it a like and share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest! Use the buttons below to share!