As a fairly new Blogger, I had seen other Bloggers on Twitter mentioning The Liebster Award but I didn’t really know what it was. After a quick google search, I discovered that this Award is given to Bloggers by other Bloggers. It is basically a way to get to know other Bloggers and provide a bit of exposure to new Blogs. When nominated for The Liebster Award, you are given a set of questions to answer by the Blogger who nominated you. Then you nominate a few Bloggers and pass a set of questions along to them. It’s really a lot of fun! 🙂 So let’s get to it with the set of questions I’ve been asked about myself…
1. Who inspires you/look up to the most?
The person I look up to the most is my Mother. She was an amazing mother, wife, grandmother and person. When she was in her fifties, she was diagnosed with lymphoma and told she had around 5 years to live. She lived another 17 years with lymphoma that required treatment off and on throughout that time. I never once heard her complain and she faced every day with a positive outlook and attitude. She taught me so many lessons about life and continues to inspire me today.
2. If you could sit next to anyone and just chat with for one hour who would it be (dead or alive)?
Gosh that’s a tough question, I can think of several people! I’m a big sports fan and my favorite team is the New York Yankees. I’ve always been a huge fan of Derek Jeter. I’d love to sit down and chat with him for an hour. I bet he’s got some great locker room stories to tell!
3. What got you started with blogging?
I’ve had a passion for all things Beauty since I was a teenager. When I reached my 40’s, I realized that so many things change for women after they reach the age of 40 when it comes to beauty, makeup & skincare. I wanted a space where I could share beauty tips, makeup & skincare reviews with other women over 40. That’s when I created 40andholding.com! Of course, under 40’s are welcome too 🙂
4. Do you blog just for fun or do you have specific goals?
I really love blogging so it doesn’t seem like work to me. You know what the saying is, “Do what you Love & you’ll never work a day in your Life”! I do set specific goals relative to my Blog traffic & growth and what I want to achieve by a certain date. The ultimate goal is to be able to earn a full-time living with my Blog 🙂
5. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
Spending time with my Husband and my little Shih Tzu, Jeter! We love anything outdoors & watch a lot of sports!
6. If you could be any animal in the world what would you be?
I would be Doug the Pug! This week alone, Doug the Pug had a zombie frappucino, bought 75% off Halloween candy and went hiking! LOL And he has 1.5 million followers on Twitter and over 2.5 million on Instagram!
7. What are your life goals/dreams (no matter how far-fetched they may seem)?
At this point in life, my goals are to grow my Blog & be able to do this full-time. On the personal side, I’d like to travel to Europe and other places like Hawaii and Alaska that I haven’t had the opportunity to visit yet!
8. What is your perfect night out?
Dinner at my favorite restaurant, Calhouns on the River & a Movie!
9. What is your perfect night in?
Steak on the grill, a long, hot bubble bath with candles, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake & watch a movie!
10. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
On a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean somewhere in Northern California!
11. What is your favorite city?
San Francisco. I fell in love with the beauty of the city and I am a big fan of mountains that overlook the ocean so the coastline in that area captured my heart & soul.
Here are a few random facts about me 🙂
- I could eat Pizza and anything chocolate 7 days a week!
- I’m obsessed with a clean house, can’t stand dust or dirty floors!
- My little Shih Tzu was named after Derek Jeter, former captain of the New York Yankees
- I know more about sports than most men do!
- My dad was one of the engineers of the first Nuclear powered Submarine!
- My motto: Money can’t buy Happiness, but it CAN buy Makeup!
Now on to the people I’d like to nominate for The Liebster Award, they are…
I hope you have as much fun with this as I did. Of course, you are not obligated to accept. If your schedule doesn’t allow the time for it or for whatever reason you aren’t able to participate, no worries. If you do accept, I certainly look forward to reading your blog posts! Here are the questions I’d like to pass on to you.
- What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced since starting your Blog?
- If you were going to a desert island and could only take two things with you, what would you take?
- Where do you find inspiration for your Blog content?
- Do you have Pets & if so, what are their names?
- Coffee or Tea?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the last book you read?
- If someone offered you an all expense paid trip to anywhere in the world, where you would you choose to go?
- What goals do you have for your Blog for 2018?
- Name your favorite Dessert or Sweet Treat.
- How much time do you spend a day on Social Media activities related to your Blog (Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
Here are the rules from the Liebster Award Website.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
(Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide random facts about yourself.
Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
List these rules in your post.
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Thank you for reading. I’d love to hear from you, please leave your comments below!